Hatha yoga is the branch of yoga that typically involves breath, body, and mind, and classes are usually 45 minutes to 90 minutes from practicing breathing, yoga poses and meditation.
Yoga began in India thousand years ago as a series of spiritual breathing exercises. And today, it gains popularity globally due to its mind-body wellness and health benefits. Yoga become a powerful practice for entrepreneurs nowadays as it can support mind, balance emotion and is a preventive health methodology.
Some Health Benefits of Hatha Yoga
- Support emotional health such as anxiety and depression: Yoga can help relieve everyday anxiety and depressive symptoms which happens often when you still doubt yourself or going through difficult period in your entrepreneurship journey.
- Back pain: Yoga is a non-drug method to treat back pain, yoga improves low-back pain and function with both short-term and intermediate-term benefits, and its effects are similar to other types of exercise.
- Most of all, yoga is the practice for balance status Mindfulness, improving sleep quality and stress management.
What to Expect in Our Class
One Yoga session starts with a gentle warm up, advance to more physical poses, and end with a short period of meditation. Here’s a breakdown of a typical class:
- Breathing: Most hatha yoga classes start with a period of focus on your breathing or pranayama (the energy). As you go through the poses, your teacher will continue to remind you to focus on your breath and may offer different breathing exercising to try.
- Poses: a series of movements that help improve balance, flexibility, and strength. Poses range in difficulty from laying flat on the floor to physically challenging positions. If at any time during your class, a pose is too difficult, your instructor can provide you with a modified posture.
- Meditation: Classes will end with a short period of meditation. During this period of quiet reflection, your teacher may ask you to lie on your back and may cover you with a blanket that you can prepare in advance in your home. Tibetan mediation music will be played at background.